contact. per mail PGP
I am excited about
- starting at Project Oak @ Google.
- co-chairing the CAV Artifact Evaluation 2022 with my co-chair Daniel Dietsch
- reviewing for the Student Research Competition @ PLDI 2022
- passing my viva with minor corrections! Special thank you to my amazing examiners Diego Marmsoler and Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh.
I am currently pursuing a PhD @ InfoSec / PPLV @ CS @ UCL supervised by George Danezis and David Pym.
My current research interest are
- blockchain- and block DAG protocols.
- superoptimizing EVM bytecode with our tools ebso and syrup_backend and generate optimization rules with our tools sorg and ppltr (here is a fun video about it).
- "Embedding a Deterministic BFT Protocol in a Block DAG", Maria A Schett and George Danezis, Proc. of the 2021 ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC) 2021 paper slides BibTeX video arxiv
- "Synthesis of Super-Optimized Smart Contracts using Max-SMT", Elvira Albert, Pablo Gordillo, Albert Rubio and Maria A Schett, Proc. of 32nd International Conference on Computer-Aided Verification (CAV) 2020 doi BibTeX video tool
"Populating the Peephole Optimizer of a Smart Contract Compiler",
Maria A Schett and Julian Nagele
Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Formal Methods for Blockchains (FMBC), 2020. paper BibTex slides video tool
Julian Nagele and Maria A Schett
Pre-Proc. of 29th International Symposium on Logic-Based Program Synthesis and Transformation (LOPSTR), 2019. pre-proc arXiv BibTeX slides overlays tool
Maria A Schett
Doctoral Symposium at Formal Methods, 2019. paper BibTeX slides
"Deconstructing Stellar Consensus",
Álvaro García-Pérez and Maria A Schett
Proc. of the 23rd International Conference on Principles of Distributed Systems (OPODIS 2019), 2019. paper arXiv BibTeX
"Kruskal’s Tree Theorem for Acyclic Term Graphs",
Georg Moser and Maria A Schett
Proc. of the 9th International Workshop on Computing with Terms and Graphs (TERMGRAPH 2016), 2016. arXiv BibTeX slides
"Knowledge Analytics for Workplace Learning",
Maria A Schett, Stefan Thalmann and Ronald K Maier
Proc. of the Conference "Lernen, Wissen, Daten, Analysen" (LWDA), 2016. paper BibTeX slides
- 2021-10: Cheaper (& correct) blockchain protocols and programs at the Languages, Systems, and Data Lab @ UCSC. slides
- 2020-10: Research Spotlight Competition @ the London Hopper Colloquium 2020 slides video
- 2020-07: "Populating the Peephole Optimizer of a Smart Contract Compiler" @ FMBC 2020 slides video
- 2019-10: "Blockchain Superoptimizer" @ LOPSTR 2019 slides overlays
- 2019-10: "Blockmania QED." @ DS @ FM'19 slides
- 2019-04: "Blockchain Superoptimizer" @ IMDEA slides
- 2016-09: "Design of Knowledge Analytics Tools for Workplace Learning" @ LWDA 2016 slides
- 2016-06: "From Trees to Graphs: Kruskal’s Tree Theorem & Termination" @ OPLSS 2016 slides
- 2016-06: "Kruskal’s Tree Theorem for Term Graphs" @ TERMGRAPH 2016 slides
I enjoyed the following events:
- 2021: co-chairing the CAV Artifact Evaluation Committee 2021 with Clément Pit-Claudel
- 2019-12: Google Compiler and Programming Language Summit, Munich.
- 2019-11 Facebook Testing and Verification Symposium, London
- 2019-10: International Symposium on Logic-based Program Synthesis and Transformation (LOPSTR), Porto, Portugal pre-proceedings slides overlays
- 2019-10: Doctoral Symposium at FM'19, Porto, Portugal abstract slides
- 2019-09: VeTSS Verified Software Workshop, Cambridge, United Kingdom slide poster
- 2018-09: VeTSS PhD School and Sixth Workshop on Formal Methods and Tools for Security (FMATS) , Cambridge, United Kingdom
- 2018-04: European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software (ETAPS 2018) , Thessaloniki, Greece pic
- 2017-01: Helmut Veith Memorial Workshop, Obergurgl, Austria
- 2016-09: Lernen. Wissen. Daten. Analysen. (LWDA 2016), Potsdam, Germany
- 2016-09: Computational Logic in the Alps (CLA 2016), Obergurgl, Austria
28th International Conference on Computer Aided Verification (CAV 2016), Toronto, Canada
participated at the Verification Mentoring Workshop (VMW) and as student volunteer
- 2016-04: 9th International Workshop on Computing with Terms and Graphs (TERMGRAPH 2016), Eindhoven, Netherlands
43rd Annual ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL 2016),
St Petersburg, Florida
participated at the Programming Language Mentoring Workshop (PLMW) & the student research competition
12th International Conference on Wirtschaftsinformatik (WI 2015), Osnabrück, Germany
participated in the Senacor case challenge
- 2014-07: Vienna Summer of Logic, Austria
- 2012-02: Workshop on Termination, Obergurgl, Austria
Summer SchoolsI attended the summer schools:
- 2019-07: Summer School Marktoberdorf 2019 poster
- 2019-05: Ninth Summer School on Formal Techniques (SSFT19) certificate
- 2018-07: DeepSpec Summer School (DSSS) 2018
- 2016-06: Oregon Programming Languages Summer School (OPLSS) 2016
- 2014-07: SAT-SMT Summer School
Grants and AwardsI am grateful for the following support:
- 2019-09: travel grant to attend VeTSS Verified Software Workshop
- 2018-07: grant to attend DSSS 2018
- 2016-07: partial scholarship to attend VMW @ CAV 2016
- 2016-06: housing grant to attend OPLSS 2016
- 2016-06: travel grant from University of Innsbruck International Relations Office
- 2016-01: 3rd place in graduate category @ student research competition @ POPL 2016 with "From Trees to Graphs: Understanding the Implications of Sharing for Rewriting"
- 2016-01: scholarship to attend PLMW @ POPL 2016 and ACM SRC travel award
- I was a teaching fellow @ QMUL for ECS652U Compilers.
- I supervised a master thesis on
- I was a teaching assistant in the following bachelor courses:
- 2019/2020 COMP0003: Theory of Computation
- 2018/2019 COMP0003: Theory of Computation
- 2018/2019 COMP0017: Computability and Complexity Theory
- 2017/2018 COMP104P: Theory II
- 2017/2018 ENGS102P: Design and Professional Skills: CS Scenario which is based on Teaching Programming Languages by Experimental and Adversarial Thinking
- 2012/2013 Introduction to Theoretical Computer Science
- 2011/2012 Introduction to Theoretical Computer Science
- master thesis 2. "From Trees to Graphs: On the Influence of Collapsing on Rewriting and on Termination" supervised by Georg Moser
master thesis 1.
"Implementation And Evaluation Of The Knowledge Element Preparation Model"
supervised by Stefan Thalmann
(shortlisted for Graf Chotek Price 2017)
- bachelor thesis. "Termgraph Rewriting" supervised by Georg Moser and Martin Avanzini
- 2021-03 to 2021-05: software development intern at Google
- 2020-07 to 2020-10: software development intern at Google
- 2015-05 to 2015-09: research student intern at the IBM Thomas J. Watson Research Center, NY on the CRSX project and the successor project tosca mentored by Lionel Villard
I have been working on the research projects:
Automated Complexity Analysis via Transformations (ACAT)
@ Computation with Bounded Resources @ CL @ CS @ University of Innsbruck
2015-10 to 2016-09 & 2013-10 to 2015-05
EU FP7 Learning Layers
@ Information Systems I @ University of Innsbruck
2013-03 to 2014-12
I share many things with my partner Julian Nagele. For things we want to share in the future, and if you want to join in, download our list of ideas (password is the name of our hoover robot).
Albeit not very fast, I am still an enduring runner.
I have participated in:
- 2019-08: Rock 'n' Roll Dublin
- 2017-03: EDP Lisbon Half Marathon
- 2016-06: Coca Cola Sprinttriathlon, Kirchbichl
- 2014-06: Midnight Sun Run, Iceland
- 2013-05: BIG 25 Berlin
- 2012-03: Semi Marathon de Paris
Mi lernas Esperanton, and I dance ballet at the The Place.
View my profile on LinkedIn, github, or Google Scholar.